Material, Process, and Green Design
Themes: Documentation & and the Design Process, Sustainability, Materials
September 15, 2011
5:00 - 8:30pm
160 5th Ave., Fifth Floor
New York, NY 10010
Click here to register.
The SEGD Documentation and the Design Process Practice Area is sponsored by Design Communications Ltd. with Creo Industrial Arts and Principle Group.
The workshop is sponsored by iZone, Jones Sign, and SignComp.
In today's environment, it is often difficult to know what materials and processes truly are sustainable and which are nothing more than an empty sales pitch. Even when we have a clear creative vision for a green project, what are the key points in the development process that we can focus on to ensure that vision isn't lost in translation?
This workshop will take a global look at environmental graphic designers' responsibilities toward sustainability, and provide perspective from experts in the fields—people who are making a change.
This course will:
- Identify strategic communication tools to help your clients understand the tangible advantages of going green
- Examine how to streamline your creative development and documentation process to integrate your sustainable vision into a final product
- Help you learn how to apply a green checklist to your material and method selection process
- Hear about the sustainable aspects of commonly specified substrates and fabrication techniques, while discovering greener alternatives
- Explore new possibilities for environmental graphic design through materials samples provided by Material ConneXion